The Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) is one of the new generation banks of India. The bank is known for providing cutting edge core banking Information Technology platform. The bank uses its experience in the financial markets to capitalize on the emerging opportunities and contributes to the growth of the economy. The bank has aligned its vision to be a trusted bank and impart value for all the stakeholders. The bank has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The bank is a state-owned entity.
In terms of reach, the Industrial Development Bank of India is the 10th largest “development bank” in the world. The bank has a vast network of 3350 ATMs and 1853 branches throughout the country.
The bank generated a total revenue of ₹31,453.16 crores in the year 2016. The total assets of the bank are worth of ₹374,372.13 crores. The shares of the bank in traded in the BSE. (Know more about BSE).
IDBI has 16,555 employees working for it. Mr. Kishor Kharat is the Managing Director and the CEO of the bank. The bank reported per employee business of ₹25.64 crores.
Development financial institutions like the IDBI, SIDBI and NABARD were conceptualized up by the RBI to fulfill the long-term financing requirements of the country’s agriculture and agriculture.
The IDBI was established on 1st July 1964 under the Industrial Development bank of India Act, 1964 as a Development Financial Institution. During the course of its being the bank has merged with the United Western Bank, the IDBI Home Finance Ltd, and the IDBI Gilts. The IDBI was transformed into a bank in the year 2004 with the goal of diversifying the role of the bank.
In the pre-globalization era, the bank has played a tremendous role in industrial development of the country. Some institutions which received support from the IDBI are the National Securities Depository Limited, National Stock Exchange, SEBI, Stock Holding Corporation, SIDBI, the Entrepreneurship Development institute and Exim Bank.
Services and Products
- Personal banking : Some services offered by the bank are Savings account, Super Shakti women account, Proffered bank services, Flexi Current Account, Corporate Payroll Account, Fixed Deposit & Lockers, Loan facilities, debit card, prepaid card, credit cards and the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Corporate banking
- Fund Based: The bank provides fund based service such as short-term loans, working capital loans, Packing Credit to Exporters, Lending to NBFC, Channel Financing for Dealers of Corporates, Receivable Buyout with recourse, Purchase and Sale Bill Discounting, Scheme for financing ATM/Cash Dispense Vendors and Technology Upgrading Fund Scheme (TUFS) for textile & Jute Industries.
- Non-Fund Based: The bank provides assistance like bank guarantee, performance guarantee, letters of credit and buyers’ credit.
- Cash Management Services: Under this segment, the bank offers Payment Products, Debt Service Products, Virtual Account System and Host to Host Connectivity.
- Treasury services: The bank deals with Commercial Papers, Certificate of Deposits, Government Securities, Call Money, Treasury Bills, Corporate Bonds, remittance of forex and LTFX.
- Trade Finance: IDBI offers services related to Forward Contracts and other hedging solutions, Pre-shipment Finance, Post Shipment Finance, and Equities.
- MSME banking: IDBI offers finance to MSMEs and caters to all the banking needs under one umbrella. The Bank introduces new products and solutions to the MSME Entrepreneurs of the country. Some schemes under this segment are the IDBI Dhanvantari Loan, Sulabh Vyapar Business Solutions, IDBI MUDRA Loan, General Credit Card Loan, Laghu Udhyami Credit Card,IDBI Loan for Service Sector, Vendor Finance Program, Property Power and Loans to Small Road & Water Transport Operators.
- Agricultural banking: For the priority sector the bank offers many short term and long term financial services. The eligible cultivators can opt for schemes like the Crop Loan, Agri Gold Loan Scheme, and the Warehouse receipt finance Scheme. For long schemes are available for development of Agri-Clinics and Agribusiness centers.
- NRI banking
Career opportunities and recruitment in IDBI
Every year the IDBI offers many openings throughout the country. The recruitment of PO and Clerk happens through the IBPS CWE. The bank also recruits through the IDBI Manipal School of Banking program.
The completion is soaring in the IBPS exam as the number of candidates applying increases every year. It is very important to a follow a structured plan of study to crack the IBPS exam. To prepare online for the IBPS exam subscribe to the free package by BQ.