The Union Bank of India (UBI) is one of the largest public sector banks in India. The headquarters of the bank is situated in Mumbai. The government of India holds the majority of the stakes in the bank.
The Bank has a large clientele base of over ₹5.7 crores. At the end of March 2015, the Bank achieved a total business level of ₹5, 79,627 crores. The bank generated a total revenue of ₹211.44 billion and net income of ₹17.87 billion in the year 2012. The total assets of the bank are reported to be $13.45 billion.
UBI has a network of 4200+ branches throughout the country. The bank also operates 6909 ATMs in different states. UBI has more than 36,000 staffs and employees working for it. Is has a strong international presence. The Bank has representative offices in China, United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, and London. The bank also has branches in Antwerp, Sydney, Hong Kong and Dubai.
Mr. Arun Tiwari is the present chairman and managing director of the Union Bank of India.
The vision statement of the bank is “To become the bank of the first choice in our chosen areas by building beneficial and lasting relationships with customers through a process of continuous improvement”.
The mission of the bank is to be a customer centric organization and provide differentiated customer engagement. The bank aims at being the leader in the area of financial inclusion.
The Union Bank of India was established in the year 1991. The Head office of the bank in Mumbai was inaugurated by the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
The UBI has a history of mergers with different banks. The bank has merged with the Belgium Bank in 1964, The Shri Jadeya Shankarling Bank in 1964, and the Miraj State Bank in 1985. UBI has also acquired the Sikkim bank.
Services and products offered
United Bank of India is dedicated to the economic growth of the country and it provides credit facilities for the requirements of the different sectors. The bank maintains a well-diversified portfolio by involving with sectors like industries, exports, trading, agriculture, infrastructure and the individual segments and providing credits facilities.
Some of the Services of the bank are:
- PERSONAL BANKING:
- Account services like savings, salary accounts, recurring deposits, fixed deposits, and Demat accounts service are provided by the bank.
- Retail Loans:Union Bank of India is in the forefront of providing assistance to customers in fulfilling their dreams. UBI provides funds to the customers through Retail Loans for personal needs such as home purchases, home repair, automobile purchases, pursuing education, medical care, and other consumer uses. The loan obtaining procedure is designed to simplify effort and make it convenient for the customers. The wide network of the branches helps the customers to choose the compatible loans. The bank provides user-friendly repayment schemes and competitive interest rates.
- Digital banking and online payment:The bank provides online banking to lessen the paperwork and long queues. Facilities like utility bill payments and tax payments and other online services are available from the bank.
- Mobile and SMS Banking
- Card Services:UBI offers a great range of card services like the credit card, debit card, business debit card, gift cards, and payroll cards.
- Insurance:Many insurance schemes and investment opportunities are offered by the bank.
- NRI SERVICES:UBI has specialized branches for providing NRI services like deposit, Investment, remittances and loan facilities.
- MSME:Lending to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises constitutes a thrust area for the Bank. Union Bank of India offers specially designed schemes for the MSMEs. Some of the initiatives by the bank are Union High pride, Union SME plus, Union Progress, Union Transport, and Union Nari Shakti.
- RURAL AND AGRICULTURE BUSINESS: Union Bank provides various short term and long term loan schemes tailored for the need of rural and agriculture sector. Some of the short-term schemes are crop loan, Union Gold Loan, Loan-Warehouse Receipt for farmers and traders and Kisan Credit Card. The long-term schemes include minor irrigation, land purchase, biogas, sericulture, Bhumiheen green card, energy scheme, Union white card, Kisan tatkal scheme and the Kisan all-purpose term loan.
- CORPORATE BANKING:The bank provides many customer-centric services to the corporate partners like Cash Management Services, Deposits, Credit, Loan Syndication, and Treasury products.
Union Bank Recruitment
The union bank of India has a strong, transparent and progressive HR policy. The bank has an objective and credible performance management system incorporated. The training needs and career progression of each employee are given importance. UBI recruits for PO and clerk through the IBPS CWE followed by personal interview. Subscribe to our bank exam preparation packages and start preparing for UBI exams.